Peanut Butter Crinkles
1/2 cup unsalted butter or shortening
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tbsp. Milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cup plain flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
Several pieces chocolate kisses (optional)Icing sugar for dusting
1. Combine flour, salt and baking soda then set aside.
2. Beat butter/shortening and peanut butter in a large bowl until well blended. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar, beat until fluffy. Add egg, Milk and vanilla and mix it well for 2 minutes.
3. Gradually add the flour mixture into the peanut butter mixture and continue mixing for about 2 minutes. Cover the mixing bowl with a cling wrap and refrigerate the dough for a minimum of 2 hours to firm up so it will be easier to form.
4. Pre-heat oven to 375F/190C and prepare cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. After 2 hours of dough in the fridge, scoop and shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll it in the icing sugar. Then place on un-grease cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a cooling rack and leave for 2 minutes. Then press a chocolate kisses into the centre of each cookie; cookie with crack around the edges. Leave it to let it cool down completely. Enjoy!