Nando's Style Chicken
whole chicken or chicken portions
chilli pepper, cut into quarter
bunch of thyme
garlic, skin removed
1/2 cup red wine vinegar or rice wine vinegar
salt to taste
1. Place chilli, garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, thyme and salt in food processor and pureed it.
2. Clean and cut the chicken in half. Pour the prepared marinade and marinate the chicken for a minimum of 1 hour.
3. Place the chicken in the pre-heated oven 180C and cook for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, turn the chicken and continue to cook for 15 minutes.
4. After 15 minutes, remove the excess oil/juice from the chicken (to be use for basting). You can grill the chicken for another 15 minutes or it is best to bbq it as Nando’s style.
5. Best serve with chips and salad. Enjoy!