225g Baking Chocolate
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 1/4 Sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla
3/4 cup Plain flour
1/4 cup Cocoa powder
1 tsp. Salt
1) Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2) Chop the chocolate into chunks. Melt half, then save the other half for later.
3) In a bowl, add the butter and sugar and mix to combine.
4) Add the eggs and vanilla and beat for 1-2 minutes until the mixture has become fluffy and light in color.
5) Whisk in the reserved melted chocolate (make sure the chocolate is not too hot or else the eggs will cook), then sift in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
6) Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, being careful not to overmix as this will cause the brownies to be more cake-like in texture.
7) Fold in the chocolate chunks, then transfer the batter into a parchment paper-lined square baking dish.
8) Bake for 20-25 minutes, then cool completely.9) Slice, and serve. Enjoy!