Ginataang Bilo-bilo with Toasted Pinipig
4 – 6 pcs. Banana (Saba)
2 pcs. Sweet Potato (Kamote)
1 1/2 cups Glutinous Flour
1/2 cup Rice Flour
3/4 – 1 cup Water
1 cup Langka Strips
1 cup small Sago, cooked
3 cups Coconut Cream (kakang gata)
2 cups Coconut Milk (2nd wash)
1 1/2 cups Sugar
Toasted Pinipig for toppings
1 tbsp. Ube Flavouring (optional)
- Cut the banana and sweet potato into cubes.
- Combine glutinous flour and rice flour in a bowl mix it well. Add water and ube flavouring (optional). Continue mixing till it forms a dough. Scoop about 1/2 tbsp. of dough and form it into a ball by rolling it in-between your palms. Set aside the balls when finished.
- Transfer the coconut cream and coconut milk in a pot. Add sweet potato and simmer till half cooked. Add banana and langka strips. Add sugar to taste. Continue cooking till the banana and kamote are soft but not soggy.
- Add cooked mini sago and glutinous rice balls. Continue cooking till the balls floats.
- Transfer in a bowl and sprinkle toasted pinipig on top before serving. Enjoy while it’s hot!