1 pack Mr. Gulaman (white)
1 cup pineapple juice
6 egg yolks
3 cups cold water
3/4 to 1 cup sugar (adjust according to your taste)
1 cup evaporated milk
1 can condensed milk
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cup sugar for caramel
1. Caramelise 1 1/2 cup of sugar in a sauce pan on a low to medium heat. Make sure not to burn the sugar. You can add a few drops of water to help dissolve the sugar. Once caramelised, transfer it into the moulder immediately. (6-7 llaneras)
2. Beat egg yolks and add evaporated milk, condensed milk and vanilla. Mix well and set aside.
3. In a sauce pan, pour cold water and add the gulaman powder and sugar and mix well.
4. Turn the heat to medium and stir continuously. Once the sugar is dissolved, add the milk and egg mixture. You can adjust the sweetness according to your taste. Stir continuously until the mixture is hot and before it reach the boiling point.
5. Turn off the heat then transfer the mixture into a jug or pitcher so it will be easier to pour the mixture into the moulder.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared moulder (llanera) according to your desired thickness. Let it set for 2-3 hours in the fridge until it firms up then ready serve. Enjoy!***This recipe can make 6-7 Llanera depending on the thickness.