Mango Float de Leche
For the Leche Flan:
10 Egg yolks
1 big can Condensed milk
1 big can Evaporated milk
1/2 cup Sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla
3/4 cup sugar + 2 tbsp. Water for caramel syrup
For the Mango Float:
1/2 – 3/4 cup Sugar
250 ml Thick Cream
2 x 250ml Whipping cream
3 ripe Mangoes
1 pack Graham crackers
1 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Vanilla
200g Cream Cheese (optional)
- Divide the sugar into 2 and transfer it in square tin foil pan. Caramelize the sugar on low heat. Make sure to mix it occasionally by turning the pan in circular motion. Once the caramel is ready, set aside.
- In a bowl, combine egg yolks, add condensed milk, evaporated milk, sugar and vanilla. Mix it well using a wire whisk or hand mixer on low speed till the sugar is dissolved.
- Once the caramel becomes hard, pour 1/2 portion of egg mixture into the foil. Cover with foil.
- Steam for 25 to 30 minutes on a low heat depending on the thickness of your mould. To test if the leche flan is cooked, insert a stick in the middle of the leche flan if the stick comes out clean, then it’s ready. Remove from heat, set aside and let it cool down completely.
- Puree 1 1/2 mango and then slice the other 1 1/2 into cubes or strips. Set aside.
- Crash 2 packets of graham crackers. Set aside.
- Combine thick cream, whipping cream, sugar, salt and vanilla in a bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat on high speed until stiff peaks forms.
- Add the puree mango and mix it well on low speed. Transfer in the fridge while waiting for the leche flan to cool down.
- To assemble: Using a baking tray/dish, place cling wrap inside the pan. Place one layer the graham crackers at the bottom of the pan. Then spread the mango cream mixture. Sprinkle the crashed graham crackers on top. Then place strips of mangoes on top.
- Place another layer of graham crackers and then spread again the mango cream mixture. Sprinkle the remaining crashed graham crackers on top and top it up with mango strips.
- Transfer the leche flan on top carefully. Spread mango mousse around the sides. Cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate or freeze for 4 hours but best to leave it overnight before serving. Enjoy!