1 1/4 cup plain flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2tbsp. water
6 tbsp. glucose liquid (substitute with sugar if not available)
6 tbsp. melted butter
1/4 cup oil
chopped cashew nuts for topping
corn syrup for glazing (optional)
1. Prepare 8 x 8 inches baking pan with baking paper and lightly brush with oil and lightly dust with flour. Set aside. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F.
2. Sift all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix it well. Set aside.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, combine eggs, water and vanilla. Beat in slow speed for 1 minute.
4. Add the dry ingredients and mix it well for 1 minute in slow speed. Scrape the sides and bottom. Continue mixing till it’s well incorporated.
5. Add the glucose and continue to beat at medium speed until well mixed. Add the melted butter and oil and continue mixing until smooth and well incorporated.
6. Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the cashew nuts on top.
7. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until the inserted stick in the middle comes out clean.
8. Transfer to wire rack and brush lightly with corn syrup on top. (optional). Completely cool down before serving.