1 cup cake flour or self raising flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
5 large eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1/2 – 1 tsp ube flavouring
1 tsp. liquid violet colour
2 tbsp. oil
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup icing sugar
2 tbsp. evaporated milk
1 tbsp. Ube flavouring
1/4 tsp. violet food colouring
1. Line one piece 12″x16″x1″ sponge pan with parchment paper. Pre-heat oven to 350F/175C.
2. Sift all dry ingredients and set aside.
3. Combine all liquid ingredients in a mixing bowl with paddle attachment. Mix at low speed until all ingredients are blended.
4. In a bowl with wire whisk attachment, beat eggs and sugar and mix for 1 minute at low speed.
5. Increase to medium speed and continue mixing for 3-4 more minutes until soft peaks form.
6. Decrease to low speed and fold dry ingredients for 8-10 seconds or until incorporated (don’t over mix).
7. Gradually add liquid ingredients.
8. Pour the batter unto the prepared pan.
9. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until an inserted cake tester comes out clean.
10. Let the cake stand for 5-10 minutes before placing it on a cooling rack. Peel off the liner once the cake is cool.
11. Spread ube buttercream on top of the sponge then roll the cake. Place the rolled cake on a cake tray or plate.
12. Apply the rest of the ube buttercream on the surface of the cake. Design your cake as desired. Use crumbled ube cake to sprinkle on top as optional ingredients.
1. Combine the evaporated milk, ube flavouring and liquid food colouring.
2. Place the butter in a bowl and cream the butter using a paddle attachment. Once creamed, add the icing sugar. Continue mixing till the icing sugar is dissolved and smooth.
3. Gradually add the liquid mixture and continue to mix on a low speed till the frosting is smooth