500g macaroni, cooked
1/2 cup ham slices
1/2 cup onion, sliced
5 cloves garlic, mince
3 cups bolognese sauce or 3 cups tomato sauce
salt & pepper to taste
1 cup grated cheese
2 tbsp. margarine
1/4 cup condensed milk (optional if you want it sweet style)
1/2 cup mushroom (optional)
1/4 cup flour
3 cups milk
1 grated cheese
mixed herbs (optional)
1. Cook the pasta according to the packaging instructions. Set aside.
2. In a hot pan, add the margarine to dissolve. Sauté garlic and onion and then add the mince pork. Cook till juice comes out of beef.
3. Add the ham slices and bolognese/tomato sauce. Let it simmer till the sauce thickens.
4. Season with salt & pepper. Add the condensed milk (optional) and grated cheese. Turn off the heat when the sauce is thick enough. Set aside.
5. In a separate sauce pan, dissolve 1/4 cup butter completely and add the flour, whisk continuously to dissolve the flour, this process is called Roux (silent x).
6. When the flour and butter is thoroughly mixed, slowly add 1 cup of milk while whisking continuously. When the flour is totally dissolved, add the remaining milk and whisk continuously on a slow fire .
7. The the mixture starts to boil, add the grated cheese. The sauce will thickens quickly as the cheese melts. Turn off the heat. Set aside.
1. Spread butter in an oven proof dish then place 1st layer of macaroni. Spread bolognese sauce evenly on top. Then spread the cheese sauce on top of the bolognese sauce and sprinkle grated cheese. Continue to the 2nd layer, macaroni first, bolognese sauce, cheese sauce and grated cheese.
2. Bake in a pre-heated oven 375F for 30-45 min. depending on how you like the doneness of your baked mac.
3. Best served with garlic bread