Sliced potatoes, round or oblong cut
1/2 cup plain/all purpose flour
1/4 cup corn flour/corn starch
1/2 tbsp garlic granules
1/2 tbsp onion granules
1/2 tbsp paprika
1/2 tsp chinese five spice (Can be omitted if not available)
salt & pepper to taste
1 egg + drops of milk for egg wash
vegetable oil for frying
chilli powder (optional)
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, mix it well then set aside.
2. Beat the egg then add a few drops of milk for egg wash.
3. Pre-heat the oil in a pan then proceed to breading.
4. Dip the potatoes in egg wash then to the breading. Make sure you covered the potatoes well. Repeat the procedure twice.
5. To check if the oil is hot enough, throw in a small flour with egg wash, if the flour sizzle & float, then it’s ready.
6. Deep fry the potatoes for 5 to 10 minutes depending on the thickness of the potatoes.
7. Make sure you turn over the potatoes half-way through the cooking for even browning.
8. Drain the excess oil in a plate with paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
9. Best serve with sweet & chilli sauce or gravy. Enjoy!