Chicken and Sotanghon Soup
500g Chicken, boiled and shredded
4-5 cups Chicken stock
3 packs small Sotanghon
250g Green beans, sliced
2 tsp. Atchuete powder
1 small Onion, chopped
5-6 cloves Garlic, minced
1/4 cup Spring onion, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil for sautéing
- Soak the sotanghon in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat pan with oil. Sauté garlic and onion till soft and translucent.
- Add atchuete powder and mix it well. Add green beans and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add boiled shredded chicken and chicken stock. Season with salt and peppee adjust according to your taste.
- Drain the water from sotanghon then add the sotanghon with the chicken stock. Continue to simmer for at least 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and transfer in a bowl for serving. Enjoy!