1 kg tripe (tuwalya)
2-3 tbsp. margarine
2-3 tomato, sliced
1/2 cup onion, sliced
4-5 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup tomato sauce
1 cup chick peas ( garbanzos)
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 chorizo de bilbao, sliced into cubes
1 cup water
Worcestershire sauce for seasoning
red bell pepper, sliced into strips
salt & pepper to taste
- Boil the tripe till tender. If you are using a pressure cooker, it’s about 30-40 min. Cut the tripe into small strips.
- In a heated pan, saute the garlic, onion and tomatoes in margarine. Add the tripe.
- Add the the tomato sauce, soy sauce, water, chick peas and chorizo. Mix well and let it simmer for about 20 min. or till the sauce thickens. Make sure to stir occasionally.
- Add the sliced bell pepper.
- Season with Worcestershire sauce, salt & pepper to taste.6. Best served with boiled rice.