1 kg Pork Belly, sliced in small bits
1 can Coconut Milk (1 1/2 cups kakang gata)
1 cup Coconut Milk (2nd squeezed)
1 pc. Onion, chopped
5 – 6 cloves Garlic, minced
1 1/2 tbsp. Bagoong Alamang
1 cup grated Coconut
Chopped Siling Haba (depending how spicy you like it)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/2 cup Water
Oil for Sautéing
- Pre-heat oil in pan. Sauté onion and garlic till soft. Add pork and continue to sauté till it turns light brown.
- Add coconut milk (2nd squeezed), grated coconut and water. Continue to simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add kakang gata, siling haba and bagoong alamang. Season with salt and pepper to taste (according your taste).
- Let it simmer on a very low heat till the coconut milk is fully absorbed and till the meat is tender.
- Best serve in a sizzling hot plate. Enjoy!