6 – 7 big chocolate or vanilla muffins, crumbled
1 cup chocolate or vanilla buttercream
3/4 – 1 cup chocolate ganache
(coating)300ml double cream
300g milk/white chocolate
50g melted butter
We will also need pop sticks or screwers and polystyrene (styro) block
1. Prepare a tray and line it with parchment/wax paper. Set aside.
2. Pour the double cream in a sauce pan and heat it up just before it starts to boil, then turn off the heat. Add the chocolate and melted butter and stir it well till the chocolate melts. Set aside to cool down completely.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the crumbled muffins/cake, buttercream and ganache. Mix it well till it’s sticky and dough-like texture.
4. Using 1 big tbsp., scoop the mixture and squeeze it firmly with your clean hands then roll it in between your palms to form a ball. Place it on the prepared lined tray. Continue the procedure till all the mixture is consumed.
5. Dip the tip of the stick into the ganache then stick it into the prepared pops. Refrigerate for at least 30-45 minutes to firm it up.
6. Once firmed, the top of the cake pop has flattened a bit, just try to roll it again for a smoother ball-like pops. Dip the pops into the ganache until well covered. Then shake it off to remove the excess coating.
7. Sprinkle it with your choice of sprinkles then stick the bottom part into the polystyrene (styro) block. Once all cake pops are done, refrigerate again for another 30-45 minutes to firm up the coating.
8. Remove from the fridge when ready to serve. Enjoy!