1 cup plain flour
1 cup cornmeal flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper (optional)
1/4 cup baking powder
1/2 cup sugar (adjust according to your taste)
1 cup milk
cooking oil for deep frying
**we will also need bamboo screwers/sticks & a tall glass
1. Pat dry the hotdogs using paper towels. Insert bamboo screwers/stick halfway through the hotdog and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients together until you have smooth batter. Place the batter in a tall glass.
3. Heat up cooking oil in a pan for deep frying around 360F.
4. Dip the hotdog in the batter in a jar ensuring the hotdog is well covered with batter. Deep fry in the heated oil till golden brown. You can fry 3-4 hotdogs at the same time depending on the size of your pan.
5. Drain the excess oil with kitchen paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
6. Best serve with ketchup & mustard. Enjoy!