- Add the 1 tbsp. of sugar into the 1/2 cup warm water and sprinkle slowly the yeast. Mix well then leave it for at least 15 min. for the yeast to rise.
- In a large bowl, add the sifted flour, cornstarch, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Mix well. Add the lard and incorporate it into the flour, using your clean hands or 2 knives. Mix until the flour resembles bread crumbs.
- Once the yeast is ready, pour it into the dry ingredients together with the evaporated milk and vinegar. Mix well, slowly add additional flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Sprinkle flour on a dry and clean flat surface and knead the dough until the dough is smooth. Form the dough like a ball and place it back in the mixing bowl and cover it with cling film. Leave it for an hour for the dough to rise and till it doubled its size.
- For the filling: combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix it well until all ingredients are well incorporated. Scoop 2 tbsp. of mixture and form it into a ball. Place in a parchment paper ready for steaming. Continue until all the mixture is done.
- Steam the balls for about 20 minutes then set aside.
- For the sauce: In a sauce pan, add all the ingredients for the sauce except for the corn starch. Wait till it boils then slowly add the corn starch diluted in water. Add more corn starch according to your desired thickness and set aside to cool down completely.
- After an hour, place the dough into the flat surface (sprinkle a little bit of flour first) then roll it and cut into small pieces (10-15 pcs). Make a ball and flattened it then add the filling in middle. Add a slice of salted egg. Make sure to close the dough well by pinching it. Place it on a steamer with a parchment paper. Leave the dough again for 40 minutes to rise before steaming for 15 minutes. Serve hot with the sauce and enjoy!!