2 dozens boiled quail eggs and peeled
1 dozen boiled eggs and peeled
1- 1 1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 to 3/4 cup cold water (add a few more drops when needed)
1 tsp. orange food colouring
1 1/2 tsp. salt (adjust according to your taste)
1 tsp. pepper
oil for frying
1/4 – 1/2 cup all purpose flour (for coating)
1. Combine all dry ingredients (except for the flour for coating) and mix it well.
2. Add cold water and stir well till smooth & lump free. You may need to add a few more drops of water if the batter is too thick.
3. Add food colouring, mix well till the colour is evenly distributed. Set aside.
4, Transfer the quail eggs & eggs one at a time into the flour and coat it well. Continue the procedure till all eggs are well coated.
5. Pre-heat a small sauce pan with cooking oil.
6. Transfer the coated eggs into the batter one a time and coat it evenly with the batter.
7. Once coated with batter, scoop the eggs using a spoon and transfer it into the pre-heated oil.
8. Fry for 2 minutes on a low heat on one side, then turn it over and continue to fry for another 2 minutes.
9. Transfer the fried kwek-kwek/tokneneng into a plate with kitchen towel to absorb excess oil. Continue the procedure till all eggs are cooked.
10. Best serve with pinakurat na suka or vinegar with mince garlic & onion. Enjoy!