Aling Oday’s quick and easy version of Noodles with Black Beans Sauce also known as Jjajangngmyeon. Jjajangmyeon is a Chinese-style Korean noodle dish topped with a thick sauce made of black bean paste, diced pork, and vegetables. Variants of the dish use seafood, or other meats.
- Pre-heat pan with oil. Render pork slices till golden brown.
- Add 4 – 5 cloves chopped garlic, add 1/2 tbsp. chopped ginger and chopped spring onion. Sauté for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Add 1/3 cup black bean paste and continue to sauté for 1 minute.
- Add chopped onion and cabbage. You can also add zucchini and potatoes cut into cubes as optional ingredients.
- Add 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar (optional), add 1 1/2 tbsp. sugar and 1 1/2 cups chicken stock (or water with 1 pc. Chicken cube). Mix it well and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes on low heat.
- Add corn starch slurry, adjust the amount according to your desired thickness. Simmer for another minute then turn off the heat.
- Transfer the cooked noodles in a bowl and top it up with the black bean sauce. Garnish with cucumber slices before serving. Enjoy!
- ** the sauce can also be served with rice
- Category: side dish
- Cuisine: Korean
Keywords: noodles with black bean sauce, Jjajangmyeon