250g Fresh Squid, cleaned
1 cup Squid Ink (from broth)
250g Sotanghon, soaked
1 Onion, sliced
5 – 6 cloves Garlic
Pepper to taste
1/2 Cabbage, sliced
1 Carrot, slices into strips
Fish sauce to taste
Lemon or Kalamansi or Kamias
Oil for sautéing
1 Knorr Shrimp cube (optional)
- Soak the sotanghon in water for 30 minutes.
- Clean the squid and remove the head. Set aside the squid heads and boil to get the squid ink. Add shrimp cube. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oil in a pan. Sauté half of onion till translucent then add garlic and continue sautéing.
- Add squid and continue to cook for 2-5 minutes. Add cabbage and carrot strips. Season with patis and continue to cook for another 3 minutes. Then set aside.
- Using the same pan, transfer the soaked sotanghon and add the squid ink broth. Season with patis and pepper adjust according to your taste. Simmer till the sotanghon is cooked and the broth has reduced. Transfer in a serving platter and set aside.
- Add the cooked squid and vegetables on top of the sotanghon. Sprinkle with crushed chicharon and chopped spring onion. Best serve with kamias slices or lemon or kalamansi.