Aling Oday’s version of Special Polvoron. Filipino style polvoron is a type of cookie made from flour, powdered milk, butter, and sugar. It’s similar to shortbread but crumblier. It is seet, buttery, and easy to customize with different flavours, it’s a delicious snack or dessert and great for gift givingor pasalubong for balikbayan too! This video is a remake of my old Polvoron video uploaded several years ago for a better video quality.
- Pre-heat a pan and roast the flour on a medium heat. Stir continuously for 15-20 minutes till golden brown.
- Add the powdered milk and sugar. Add the melted butter and mix it well.
- Divide it into 4 portions. You can add the optional ingredients either oreos, pinipig, cashew nuts and ube extract in each bowl. Stir again each bowl till well mixed. Let it cool down completely. (Best to refrigerate to firm up the butter)
- Using a polvoron moulder, scoop the polvoron and make sure it is well squeezed/packed. Transfer it in a cellophane or japanese paper for wrapping.
- Ideal for giveaways or snack. Ejoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Filipino
Keywords: special polvoron, polvoron