1 kg Beef Tongue
1 can Cream of Mushroom
1/2 cup Mushroom, sliced
1 cup Evaporated Milk
5 – 6 cloves Garlic, minced
2 tbsp. Margarine
4 – 5 cups Water
2 cups Pork stock
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Clean the beef tongue thoroughly. Boil water in a pan and place the cleaned beef tongue. Submerged in boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove from the boiling water and using knife or spoon, scrape the hard skin from all over the tongue. Set aside.
2) Pre-heat pan add butter or margarine and sauté garlic. Sear beef tongue till the juice comes out.
3) Transfer the seared beef tongue in a pan or pressure cooker. Add water till the meat is submerged in water. Cook for 1 hour in pressure cooker or 1 1/2 hour if using ordinary pan.
4) For the sauce, sauté garlic in butter or margarine. Add pork stock, evaporated milk, cream of mushroom and season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to boil till the sauce thickens.
5) Once the sauce thickens, add mushroom and simmer till the mushroom is cooked. Remove from the heat.
6) Slice the beef tongue diagonally and transfer in a platter. Pour the sauce on top and ready to serve. Enjoy!