Chili Con Carne
500g mince beef
400g can chopped tomatoes
400g can red beans
1/2 cup water
1 onion, chopped
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. cumin powder
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. chilli powder (or more)
1 beef cube
1 tbsp. tomato paste
Salt & pepper to taste
oil for sautéing
1. Pre-heat a pan with oil. Saute onion and garlic till soft and tender.
2. Add mince beef and continue sauteing till the beef is dry and golden brown. Add all the spices. Mix it well.
3. Add chopped tomato, tomato puree, beef cube, red beans and water. Mix it well.
4. Season with salt and pepper. Adjust according to your taste.
5. Continue simmering on a low heat for 30 minutes. Stir occassionally.
6. Once the sauce has thickened, remove from the heat and ready to serve.
7. Best serve with rice or as toppings for nachos with cheese and sour cream. Enjoy!