Aling Oday’s version of Crispy Shredded Beef. Crispy Shredded Beef is one of our Chinese takeaway favourite usually serve with sweet and sour sauce.
1 kg. Sirloin Beef
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 cup Cornstarch
1/2 cup Potato Starch
1/2 cup Glutinous Rice Flour
1/2 to 3-4 cup Cold Water
1/2 tbsp. Baking Powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 large Onion
1 small Bell Pepper
1/4 cup Vinegar
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
2 tbsp. Soy Sauce
2 tbsp. Cornstarch dissolved in 4 tbsp. Water
Pepper to taste
2 tbsp. Ketchup
1 1/2 tbsp. Cornstarch dissolved in 3 tbsp. Water
- Season beef strips with salt and pepper to taste. Add 1/3 cup Cornstarch and mix it well. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine potato starch, glutinous rice flour and baking powder. Mix it well. Add 3/4 cup cold water. Mix it well using a wire whisk.
- Pre-heat pan with oil for deep frying. Transfer the beef individually into the batter. Fry it for 3 minutes or until crispy. After frying, transfer in a plate lined with paper towel. Set aside.
- Remove excess oil from the pan. Sauté onion (half cooked). Add bell pepper, soy sauce, water, ketchup, brown sugar. Mix it well. Lastly add vinegar but do not mix. Let it simmer for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Slowly add the cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce.
- Add the crispy beef strips and mix it well. Remove from the heat and ready to serve. Best serve with rice. Enjoy!
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: crispy shredded beef, beef recipe