Ginataang Baka is beef cooked in creamy coconut milk with green beans, papaya/sayote and bell pepper. This is perfect for lunch or dinner.
1 kg. Beef (Sirloin), cubes
1 1/2 cups Coconut Cream
1 cup Coconut Milk (2nd piga)
1 pc. Onion, chopped
5 – 6 cloves Garlic, minced
Green Beans or Sitaw
1 small Papaya or 2 pcs. Sayote
1 pc. Bell Pepper
2 pcs. Siling Haba or Siling Labuyo
Salt and Pepper to taste
Oil for sautéing
- Pre-heat pan with oil. Sauté onion till soft. Add minced garlic and continue sautéing till the aroma of garlic comes out.
- Add beef slices and continue sautéing till the juice of the beef comes out.
- Add coconut milk (2nd piga). Simmer on medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add coconut cream, papaya or sayote, siling haba, and beef cube (optional). Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let it simmer on medium heat until the sauce thickens.
- Add green beans or sitaw and bell pepper. Let it simmer on low heat till the sitaw is cooked. Removed from the heat and ready to serve. Enjoy!
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Filipino
Keywords: ginataang baka