1kg beef flank/sirloin sliced thinly
1/3 cup soy sauce + 1 tbsp. lemon or calamansi juice + 4 cloves garlic, crushed
2-3 tbsp. margarine
2 cups tomato sauce
3-4 cups water
1 onion, chopped
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 tomato, sliced
1/2 cup grated cheese
1 can (165g) liver spread or 150g pork liver, minced
Salt & pepper to taste
For the filling:
2 boiled eggs, sliced into 42
stalks celery, sliced into strips
1 carrots, sliced into strips
3-4 hotdogs, sliced into 2
Pork fats, sliced into strips
** we will use thread for securing the beef
1. Place the thinly sliced beef in a bowl add the soy sauce, lemon and crush garlic. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or more. Keep the soy sauce after marinating.
2. Arrange 1 slice of beef in a tray and spread it. Place the filling one at a time at the centre of the beef. Roll it like a log.
3. Tie the meat with a thread to firmly secure it. Continue the procedure till all the beef is done. Set aside.
4. In a pan, dissolve the margarine and sauté the garlic & onion and then the tomato. Add the beef/meatloaf and continue frying/sautéing till the beef is golden brown
5. Once the meat is ready, pour the water, tomato sauce & pepper. Simmer on a low heat till the meat is tender. It took mine for an hour to cook.
6. Once the meat is tender, add liver spread, grated cheese and gradually season with the marinade soy sauce, adjust it according to your taste or you may add salt when needed. If you have left over filling, you can add it in your sauce.
7. Continue to simmer till the sauce thickens.
8. Remove the threads and slice the meat (round or diagonally), the pour the sauce on top. Best serve with rice! Enjoy!