1 kg beef or goat innards, sliced
250g beef or goat meat, sliced
1 1/2 cup vinegar (or more according to your desired sourness
)3 onions, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
90g root ginger, sliced
5-6 cups water
1-2 tbsp. papait (use less if the apdo is concentrated)
chilli pepper (sili labuyo)
oil for sautéing
- Boil the tripe with water, 1/2 vinegar, 1/3 of ginger & 1 onion. Cook till tender and slice.
- In a heated pan, sauté garlic, onion, ginger & the remaining innards & beef. Sauté it well till it’s own juice comes out (around 10 min.)
- Add the vinegar, do not stir the meat till the vinegar boils. Then add the cooked tripe and apdo (papait). Continue to simmer till the vinegar is totally absorbed and till the meat is tender.
- Add water according to how you want the amount of your soup will be. Season with salt & pepper according to your taste. Let it boil for 20 minutes on a low heat. Then add chilli pepper if you want it spicy.
- Remove from heat and ready to serve.