2 1/2 cup long grain rice
1 cup glutinous rice
500g boneless chicken, cut into small pieces
1/2 green bell pepper
1/2 red bell pepper
3 chorizos, sliced into small cubes
1 onion, chopped
1 tomato, sliced
4-5 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. paprika
a pinch of saffron (kasubha)
1 cup green peas
2-3 bay leaves
2 tbsp. tomato sauce or tomato paste
3 1/2 – 4 cups of water or chicken broth
1 chicken cube & pork cube
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup potato, slice into cubes (optional)
oil for sautéing
Chopped spring onion
- Sauté garlic, onion and tomato till soft and tender. Then add the chicken, continue cooking till the juice comes out.
- Then add the chorizo, tomato sauce, potato (optional), green peas, saffron and paprika and continue cooking for a few minutes. Then add bay leaves.
- Dissolve the chicken cube and pork cube in water then pour into the pot. Add the coconut milk and mix it well. Season with salt and pepper and mix it well. Then add the washed rice and glutinous rice. Mix it well to distribute the rice well. Cover and let it simmer till it boils.
- Once boiling, mix it and ensure to scrape the bottom. Reduce the heat to low. Check if you need to add more water slowly if the rice is still undercook. Add the bell pepper and stir a little bit. Cover it and continue to cook for 30-45 min. on a low heat till the rice is cook completely. Make sure to scrape the bottom once in a while.
- Once the rice is completely cooked, garnish with boiled eggs and spring onion. Ready to serve. Enjoy!