500g Chicken slices
1 cup coconut meat
3-4 cups coconut juice
5-6 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium size onion, chopped
2-3 inches ginger sliced into strips
1-2 tbsp. fish oil (adjust according to your taste)
a handful of Malunggay leaves or Baby Spinach
1 1/2 cup kalabasa (squash)
Oil for sautéing
1. Pre-heat pan with oil. Sauté garlic, onion and ginger till soft. Then add chicken and continue to sauté till chicken becomes juicy.
2. Add kalabasa and pepper and mix it together.
3. Add coconut meat and coconut juice and season with fish sauce according to your taste. Cover and let it simmer for 20-30 minutes on a low heat till the chicken is cooked.
4. Once chicken is cooked, add malunggay leaves or spinach leaves. Let it simmer for a minute. Remove from the heat.
5. Best serve with rice. Enjoy!