Chicken and Kalabasa Nuggets
500g Ground Chicken
1 cup Mashed Kalabasa (Boiled & Mashed)
1 cup grated Cheddar Cheese (quick melt)
1 tsp. Italian Herbs
1 pc. White Onion, minced
3 – 4 cloves Garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Egg yolks
2 Egg whites for Egg-wash
3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
1/4 cup All Purpose Flour for coating
1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Paprika
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Chinese 5 Spice
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine ground chicken, squash, cheese, Italian seasoning, onion, garlic, egg, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Roll into bite size balls set aside.
- Prepare breading. Combine all breading ingredients then whisk and set aside.
- Roll chicken and squash balls in flour then dip in egg white then in breading.
- Pre-heat oil in a sauce pan. Deep fry until golden brown. Place on a wire rack or paper towel to remove excess oil. Best serve with any sauce of your choice. Enjoy!