Chicken Arroz Caldo is a Filipino rice and chicken porridge heavily infused with ginger and garnished with toasted garlic, scallions, and black pepper. It is usually served with calamansi or fish sauce as condiments, as well as a hard-boiled egg.
- Boil chicken in water, salt to taste. Shred and set aside. You can also use chicken wings.
- Combine glutinous rice and long grain rice. Wash it well and soak in water for 30 minutes. Drain the water after 30 minutes and set aside.
- Pre-heat pan with oil. Toast chopped garlic for toppings till golden brown. Set aside.
- Using the same oil, transfer it in a pot. Sauté onion and ginger till soft then add minced garlic. Continue to sauté till the aroma of garlic comes out.
- Add the soaked rice and kasubha and sauté for about 2 minutes. Then add the chicken broth and water. Simmer for 20- 30 minutes till the rice is cooked. Mix occasionally.
- Add the shredded chicken. Season with salt and pepper taste. Continue to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer in a bowl and garnish with toasted garlic and chopped spring onion. Best serve with boiled egg and lemon/calamansi. Enjoy!
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: arroz caldo, lugaw, chicken arroz caldo, congee