Chicken Biryani is a savory chicken and rice dish that includes layers of chicken, rice, and species that are steamed together.
500g chicken sliced into small pieces
3 cups basmati rice (uncook)
2 tomatoes (small slice)
3 tomatoes (round slice)
2 onions, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tbsp. minced ginger
8 –10 pcs. Cardamom pods
10–15 pcs. cloves
1 cinnamon stick, cut in small pieces
2–3 tsp. Turmeric powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Chilli powder according to desired spiciness
Oil for sautéing
1. Cook rice in a small pan. Once cooked, transfer into a bowl and loosen up.
2. Pre-heat a wok with oil. Sauté garlic, onion and small chopped tomatoes until soft and tender.
3. Add chicken and continue sautéing until the chicken is lightly golden brown.
4. Add all the spices – cardamom pods, cinnamon stick, cloves, ginger, turmeric powder and season with salt and pepper according to your taste then mix it well.
5. Simmer for about 10-15 min. on a medium heat.
6. Add chilli powder, adjust depending on your desired spiciness. Mix it all together and remove from the heat. Transfer in a dish bowl.
7. Using the same wok, place a third portion of the boiled basmati rice and spread it out. Scoop a third portion of the cooked chicken on top of the rice and spread it out again. Place 4-5 pieces of round tomato slices on top of the chicken. Then continue the same procedure with the remaining rice, chicken and tomato layer by layer.
8. Place the wok back onto the stove and cover. Cook it for another 30 minutes on a low heat.
9. After 30 minutes, turn off the heat. Mix the cooked biryani before serving. Transfer in a platter and now ready to serve, enjoy!
- Category: Main
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Pakistan