Aling Oday’s version of Chicken Bopis (Bopis na Manok). Bopis is a traditional Filipino dish using pork or beef and innards. I revised this bopis recipe for those who are lovers of bopis and craving for the dish but cannot cook one because the pork or beef internal organs are quite difficult or are not available in your locations/country
- Clean the liver and gizzard thoroughly. Cut into small cube, must be the same cut for raddish.
- Pre-heat oil in a pan and sauté onion and tomato till soft. Add garlic and continue to sauté till the aroma of garlic comes out. Add ground chicken and gizzard, continue sautéing. Add pepper and annatto powder dissolved in oil. Mix it well.
- Add vinegar (do not stir until it boils and until you can no longer smell the vinegar). Lower heat to low until vinegar is cooked.
- Add chicken liver, paprika, bay leaves, water or broth and labanos (radish). Mix it well. Cover the pan and simmer in a low heat for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, season with salt or patis according to your taste. Add bell pepper and siling labuyo or siling haba. Cover again and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and transfer in a serving plate. Best serve with rice. Enjoy!
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Filipino
Keywords: chicken bopis