1 kg Chicken thigh
1 whole garlic, minced
2 tbsp. chopped or minced ginger
1-2 tbsp. brown sugar
1/3 cup cane vinegar
2 pieces lemon or calamansi (extract the juice)
3 stalks tanglad (lemon grass), julienne
salt and coarsely ground pepper to taste
1/4 cup atsuete (annatto seeds) oil
- Combine all the ingredients for marinade and mix it well until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Pour the marinade into the chicken and mix it well. Make sure the all the chicken parts has marinade. Cover the plastic container.
- Marinate for a minimum of 4 hours or leave it overnight inside the fridge. Make sure to turn the chicken over.
- After marinating, prepare the grill with charcoal on a medium heat.
- Prepare the basting sauce, combine atsuete oil + marinade.
- Grill the chicken and baste it with the basting sauce. Turn it over when one side is cooked then baste again with the basting sauce.
- Best serve with pinakurat vinegar. Enjoy!