500g boneless chicken, sliced into cubes
1 1/2 tbsp. or more toasted sesame seed
oil for frying
spring onion for garnishing
3 tsp. sesame oil
1 1/2 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 chicken bullion, powdered
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup ketsup
2 tbsp. white vinegar
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 cup plain flour
2 large eggs
1 cup corn starch
1. Combine all ingredients for marinade and mix it well. Place the chicken in a bowl and add the marinade. Mix it well and make sure all the chicken are coated. Leave it for an hour to marinate.
2. After an hour, prepare the chicken for coating. Dip the chicken in plain flour and make sure it is well coated, then dip it into the beaten egg and finally dip it into the corn starch. Continue the procedure till all the chicken is coated. Set aside.
3. Pre-heat a pan with oil on a medium heat. Deep fry the coated chicken till golden brown (about 5-8 minutes) several pieces at a times. Once cooked, transfer the chicken in a plate with kitchen paper to absorb excess oil then set aside.
4. Remove the oil from the pan. Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and mix it well. Transfer the sauce in a pre-heated pan we used for frying. Let it simmer till the sauce thickens. Add the chicken and mix it well to make sure all chicken are covered with the sauce.
5. Transfer the chicken in a plate. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and sliced spring onion. Best serve with rice, enjoy!