500g boneless chicken cut into cubes
1 – 1/2 cup mixed vegetables
8 big potatoes, boiled & mashed (+milk & butter)
2-3 tbsp. margarine
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 onion, finely chopped
5-6 cloves garlic, minced
salt & pepper to taste
1 cup (or more) grated cheese
1/4 cup bread crumbs (optional)
1. Boil the potato and mashed. Add a few drops or 1/4 cup of milk and 2 tbsp. butter then set aside.
2. Pre-heat a pan and melt the margarine. Saute the garlic and onion till soft and tender.
3. Add the chicken and continue to cook till almost dry. Add the mixed vegetables and cream of mushroom. Season with salt & pepper according to your taste. Let it simmer till the sauce thickens. Then set aside.
4. Prepare an oven proof dish by brushing margarine or butter. Transfer half of the chicken and spread it evenly. Transfer the half of the mashed potato on top of the chicken and flatten it. Sprinkle a few grated cheese on top.
5. Continue the process by adding the last portion of chicken and spread it evenly. Then the last portion of mashed potato. Flatten it evenly and sprinkle a good amount of cheese on top. For our optional ingredients, sprinkle bread crumbs on top if you want a little bit of crisp.
6. Pre-heat the oven to 175C. Bake the dish for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Ready to serve. Enjoy!