Chicken Fettucine Alfredo
1 whole chicken, boiled and shredded
500g fettucine noodles
1 cup grated cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 x 250 ml. single cream
1 cup chicken broth
4-5 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium size onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tbsp. dried parsley (optional)
extra grated cheese for toppings
- In a heated sauce pan, melt the butter and sauté the garlic and onion till tender.
- Add the chicken and continue sautéing for 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth and single cream. Mix it well.
- Add the grated cheese, salt and pepper to taste and the dried parsley. Mix it well and bring it to boil till the sauce thickens. (You may add 1-2 tbsp. corn starch dissolved in water if the sauce is runny or thin). Remove from the heat once the sauce is thickened.
- Cook the fettucine pasta according to the packaging instructions. Drain the water well after cooking and pour a few drops of oil.
- Place pasta in a dish and pour desired amount of sauce. Garnish with grated cheese on top. Best serve with garlic bread. Enjoy!