1 kg ground chicken
2 teaspoon paprika powder
2 onion powder
2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 egg large size
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup corn starch
1 teaspoon salt (or more)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or more)
1 cup breadcrumbsFor Coating: (optional)
1 egg + 2-3 tbsp. milk for egg wash
1 cup flour
1 cup bread crumbs
1. In large bowl, combine ground chicken, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, ground pepper, eggs, flour, salt and cornstarch. Mix it well.
2. Scoop about 1 tbsp of chicken mixture and form it into a ball. Press or flatten with fingers for a basic nugget shape. For popcorn chicken, just scoop 1/2 tbsp. of the mixture and form it into a ball. Continue the process until all the mixture is consumed. Set aside.
3. Beat the egg and add milk for the eggwash. Dip and roll the chicken nuggets/popcorn chicken into the flour then to the eggwash and lastly into the bread crumbs. Make sure that the meat is well covered. Continue the process until all the nuggets are done. Set aside. (This procedure is optional) . You can coat the nuggets in only plain breadcrumbs if you prefer.
4. Pre-heat the pan with oil. Fry the nuggets on medium heat for 3-5 minutes until golden brown depending on the thickness. Transfer into a plate with paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
5. Transfer in a platter for serving. Best serve with sweet and chilli sauce. Enjoy!