Aling Oday’s quick and easy Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Soup is a hearty soup that’s perfect when you want something warm and comforting. Smooth blend of broccoli and shredded chicken are simmered in a broth flavoured with onions and butter.
- Boil the chicken in 4 cups of water for 20 – 30 minutes. Remove the chicken and shred it. Set aside.
- Place the butter, onion and crushed garlic in a large sauce pan and sauté over a medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and all purpose cream into the pot. Add broccoli florets and chicken cube (optional), let it simmer for 10 – 15 minutes over medium low heat.
- Add the shredded chicken into to the simmering pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Take off the heat and place all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and blitz until smooth.
- You can either serve it right then or you can place back in the pot and keep warm until ready to serve. If you would like the soup to be thinner you can add more chicken stock.
- Best serve with grated cheese on top and with toasted bread. Enjoy!
- Category: starter
Keywords: chicken recipe