Crispy Chicken Fillet
1 kg. boneless chicken, sliced thinly
1 lemon + salt & pepper for marinade
1/2 cup all-purpose flour/plain flour
1/4 cup corn starch/corn flour
2 tbsp. instant mash potato flakes
1/2 tsp.cayenne pepper or more if you want it spicy
1 cup cold water (better if you have club soda)
salt and pepper to taste
2-3 cups Panko bread crumbs
Vegetable oil for frying
1. Marinate chicken with lemon, salt & pepper. Set aside for a minimum of 1 hour.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except for the panko bread crumbs. Mix it well until smooth and lump free. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
3. Pre-heat oil in a cooking pan for deep frying.
4. Dip the marinated chicken into the batter mixture, shake off the excess batter then dip it into the panko bread crumbs. Make sure the chicken is well coated with the crumbs then place it straight away into the frying pan.
5. Cook in a low to medium heat for about 5 to 7 minutes in each side depending on the thickness of the chicken fillet. Make sure to keep the heat to a minimum to cook it evenly. Once the chicken is golden brown, remove from the heat and place it in a plate with kitchen paper to absorb the excess oil or place it in a rack to drain the excess oil.
6. Continue the procedure for the rest of the chicken.
7. Serve in a platter with home made gravy or any sauce of your choice. Enjoy!