Fried Chicken Wings
1 kg chicken wings
1 cup plain/all purpose flour
1/2 cup corn flour/corn starch
1 tbsp garlic granules
1 tbsp onion granules
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp chinese five spice
salt & pepper to taste
1 egg + drops of milk for egg wash
vegetable oil for frying
chilli powder (optional)
- Season the chicken with salt & pepper according to your taste then set aside. Leave it for a while to absorb the seasoning.
- In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients plus salt & pepper adjust according to your taste. Mix it well. You can add chilli powder as Optional ingredient.
- Beat the egg then add a few drops of milk for egg wash.
- Pre-heat the oil in a pan then proceed to breading.
- Dip the chicken in egg wash then to the breading. Make sure you covered the chicken well. Repeat the procedure twice.
- To check if the oil is hot enough, throw in a small flour with egg wash, if the flour sizzle & float, then it’s ready.
- Deep fry the chicken for 12-15 minutes depending on the size of the chicken.
- Make sure you turn over the chicken half-way through the cooking for even browning.
- Drain the excess oil in a plate with paper towel to absorb the excess oil.10. Best serve with sweet & chilli sauce. Enjoy!