Honey Buttered Chicken Wings
1 kg Chicken Wings
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Egg Whites
1/2 cup Potato Starch
Oil for frying
Toasted Sesame Seeds for garnishing
For the Sauce:
125g unsalted Butter
3 – 4 cloves Garlic
1/2 cup Tomato Ketchup
1/4 cup Honey
- Pre-heat oil for frying.
- Season the chicken wings with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add potato starch and egg whites. Mix it well to coat the chicken.
- Deep fry the chicken till golden brown for about 7 – 10 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat and drain the excess oil.
- Double fry the chicken for another 3 – 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain the excess oil. Set aside.
- For the sauce: melt the butter in a sauce pan and add garlic. Cook the garlic till the aroma comes out. Add the tomato ketchup, sugar and honey. Continue to simmer till the sugar is dissolve. Turn off the heat.
- Transfer the chicken wings into the sauce. Coat the chicken well with the sauce. Transfer in a serving plate and garnish with toasted sesame seeds on top before serving. Enjoy!