Salted Egg and Shrimp Empanada
- Pre-heat pan and oil then saute onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Add in shrimp and cook until it starts to turn orange.
- Add in salted egg and butter then mix until egg yolk has dissolve. Turn off the heat. Add lime juice and zest.
- On a food processor combine all ingredients and pulse until it forms a dough.
- Portion dough into 2 inch balls. Roll into a ball. Set aside.
- Stuff dough with salted egg shrimp then brush sides with egg wash. Fold then seal edges by pressing a fork or fold.
- Pre-heat oil in a sauce pan. Deep fry the empanadas till golden brown. Transfer in a plate with paper towel to absorb the excess oil before serving. Enjoy!