Salted Egg and Shrimp Empanada
For the crust:
2 cups sifted All Purpose Flour
2/3 cup Butter, sliced into cubes
1/4 cup ice cold Water + 1-2 tbsp. if dough is too dry
1/2 tsp. Salt
Cooking oil (for deep-frying)
Flour for dusting
Salted Egg Filling:
250g Shrimps, chopped
1 pc. White Onion, chopped
4 – 5 Cloves Garlic, minced
2 pcs. Potato, cubed and boiled
3 pcs. Salted, chopped
1/2 cup Butter
1/2 pc. Lemon, juiced, zest
Salt and Pepper to taste
Oil for sautéing
1 pc. Egg
- Pre-heat pan and oil then saute onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Add in shrimp and cook until it starts to turn orange.
- Add in salted egg and butter then mix until egg yolk has dissolve. Turn off the heat. Add lime juice and zest.
- On a food processor combine all ingredients and pulse until it forms a dough.
- Portion dough into 2 inch balls. Roll into a ball. Set aside.
- Stuff dough with salted egg shrimp then brush sides with egg wash. Fold then seal edges by pressing a fork or fold.
- Pre-heat oil in a sauce pan. Deep fry the empanadas till golden brown. Transfer in a plate with paper towel to absorb the excess oil before serving. Enjoy!