Spicy fried chicken with a hint of Chinese cooking wine is perfect for lunch or dinner or for pulutan.
1 kg. Chicken portions
1 1/2 tbsp. grated Ginger
1 1/2 tbsp. minced Garlic
1 pc. Lemon
2 large Egg whites or 1 large Egg
3/4 cup Corn Starch
3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
Salt and Pepper to taste
Fish Sauce to taste
2 tbsp. Chinese Cooking Wine
1 large Onion
2 pcs. Siling Haba, sliced
1 – 2 pcs. Siling Labuyo
Spring Onions for garnishing
Lemon Zest for garnishing
Oil for frying and sautéing
- Marinate the chicken in grated ginger, minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste, lemon, fish sauce to taste, 1 whole egg or 2 egg whites. Mix it well. Leave it to marinate for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add corn starch and all purpose flour. Mix it well.
- Pre-heat oil for deep frying. Fry the chicken till crispy and golden brown. Set aside.
- Pre-heat pan with oil. Sauté onion till half cooked. Add chopped siling haba and siling labuyo. Add chinese cooking wine. Mix it well sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the fried chicken and continue to stir-fry till the cooking wine is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and transfer in a platter. Garnish with chopped spring onions and lemon zest. ready to serve.
Keywords: spicy fried chicken