Apple Cinnamon Pie
2 cups Plain Flour
2/3 cup Butter, softened
5-6 tbsp. Ice cold water
4 Green Apples, sliced thinly
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
2 tsp. Cinnamon powder
Egg for brushing
1) In a pan, combine sliced apple, brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix it well.
2) Let the apple cook well in sugar syrup. Remove from the heat and let it cool down.
3) Combine flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Cut the butter into cubes and mix it well using a pastry mixer or 2 knives until crumbly.
4) Add 5-6 tablespoons of ice cold water. Mix together your clean hands.
5) Place the dough on top of the parchment paper then flatten it using a rolling pin. Cut the flattened dough in squares. Scoop the apple filling and place it in the upper portion of the square dough. Then fold it and secure the edges by pressing a fork on the dough.
6) Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Bake the pie for 15 to 20 minutes till it’s golden brown.
7) Remove from the oven and let it cool down in a wire rack or serve it while it’s warm. Enjoy!