1/2 kg. Malagkit Rice, cooked
1 1/2 cups Coconut Cream (kakang gata)
1/4 kg Brown Sugar
1 1/2 cups Coconut Milk (kakang gata)
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1) Cook the malagkit rice by boiling it. Let it cool down completely and set aside.
2) Transfer the coconut cream in a pan and let it simmer till the oil comes out. Set aside latik for toppings.
3) Transfer the cooked malagkit and sugar. Mix it well continously for about 30 minutes.
4) Transfer in a tray and smoothen it to level the top. Set aside.
5) Pre-heat pan then add brown sugar until it melts/caramelized on a low-medium heat. Stir occasionally.
6) Once the sugar has caramelized, add coconut milk and stir it well. The caramelized sugar will harden but it will dissolve when the coconut milk is already warm. Adjust sweetness, you can add more brown sugar if needed. Stir continously until it thickens.
7) Remove from the heat and transfer the jam on top of the bibingka. Pre-heat oven to 175C/350F. Bake the bibingka for 30 minutes.
8) Remove from the oven and let it cool down completely before serving.