1/2 kg Malagkit Rice, soaked and drained
4 1/2 cups Coconut Cream (kakang gata)
2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Anis
Water for boiling
Big pcs. banana leaves
1) Wash and soak the malagkit rice for one hour then drain the water. Set aside.
2) Prepare the banana leaves by placing it over the heat to make soft and flexible. Set aside.
3) Season the coconut cream with salt and anis. Mix it well.
4) To assemble the binutong, fold the banana leaves like a pocket and scoop 1 cup/can of soaked malagkit rice. Then add 1 1/2 cup/can of coconut cream (kakang gata). Secure the leaves with a string and tie around it. Set aside.
5) Place the cut banana leaves at the bottom if the pan. Place the prepared binutong inside the pan and pour water to submerge it. Boil for 1 – 1 1/2 hour.
6) Transfer the cooked binutong in a platter and ready to serve. Enjoy!