Aling Oday’s Cassava Flan is a combination of Cassava Cake and Leche Flan made with grated cassava and coconut milk. Soft and moist with a creamy flan at the bottom, this classic Filipino treat is the ultimate snack or dessert.
- Pre-heat the oven to 175C.
- Place the grated cassava. Add 1/4 can condensed milk and the rest of the ingredients. Mix it well, make sure no lumps. Set aside.
- For the leche flan, caramelize 1/2 cup sugar. Transfer in tin foils. Set aside.
- Combine egg yolks, sugar, evaporated milk, condensed milk and vanilla in a bowl. Mix it well using a wire whisk. Transfer the cassava mixture equally divided into 2 tin foils. Pour the flan mixture over the batter, cover the whole thing with foil.
- Pre-heat water in steamer pot. Transfer the foils into the steamer pan.
- Steam for 45 – 60 minutes depending on the size of your foil.
- After steaming, let it cool down completely before transferring in a serving plate. You can garnish with grated cheddar cheese on top. Enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Filipino
Keywords: cassava flan