Cookies and Cream Leche Flan
12 Egg yolks
10 pcs. Oreo Biscuits, crushed
1 can Condensed milk
2 can Evaporated milk
1/2 cup Sugar
2 tsp. Vanilla
3/4 – 1 cup sugar + 3 tbsp. Water for caramel syrup
1) Caramelise the 1/2 – 3/4 cup sugar + 2 tbsp. water in low heat. Make sure to mix it occasionally by turning the pan in circular motion.
2) In a bowl, beat the egg yolks using a wire whisk. Then add the condensed milk, evaporated milk, sugar, vanilla and 3/4 portion of crushed oreos. Mix well till the sugar is dissolved.
3) When the caramel is ready, transfer it to the prepared llanera/foil. Once the caramel becomes hard, Pour the egg mixture into the foil. Cover it with foil before steaming.
4) Steam for 8 – 10 minutes on a low heat depending on the thickness of your mould. Then sprinkle the crushed chocolate cookies. Continue to steam for another 15 to 20 minutes depending on the thickness of leche flan. To test if the leche flan is cooked, insert a stick in the middle of the leche flan if the stick comes out clean, then it’s ready.
5) Remove from heat and let it cool down completely. Transfer in a serving plate and sprinkle crushed oreos on top before serving.This recipe can make 4-5 Llaneras