1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
2 – 3 tbsp. Sugar
1 tbsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 1/4 cup Buttermilk
1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
2 large Eggs, separated
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl, mix it well and set aside.
- Transfer all the liquid ingredients in a jug except for the egg whites. Mix it well then transfer it in the dry ingredients. Mix it well. It’s alright if there are few lumps. Set aside.
- Using a wire whisk or hand mixer, beat the egg whites till soft peak.
- Fold it in with the batter.
- Pre-heat the waffle maker. Brush with butter. Scoop the batter and pour at the centre of the waffle maker. Close it and wait for the indicator light to turn green. (Depending on your waffle maker’s instruction).
- Transfer in a platter and serve with your favourite toppings like maple syrup, chocolate syrup or with fresh fruits. Enjoy!