3/4 cup Glutinous Rice Flour
3/4 cup Rice Flour
2 tsp Lye Water
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup Water
1 drop Red Liquid food color (OPTIONAL)
Cooking Oil for brushing muffin pan
Grated coconut for dipping
1. Prepare moulds and brush with oil. Boil water in the steamer pan.
2. Combine all dry ingredients together and mix it well.
3. Add in water, lye water and a few drops of red food colouring (optional). Mix it thoroughly using a wire whisk.
4. Strain the mixture into a jug to remove any lumps.
5. Brush the muffin pans with oil and pour the mixture halfway through or depending on your desired thickness.5. Steam for 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of your kutchinta or until the top is set when touched or do a stick test, when the stick comes out clean, it’s ready.
6. Transfer the kutchinta in a lightly greased platter and serve with grated coconut as toppings. This recipe makes 20-24 pieces depending on your desired thickness.